SEASON OF CHANGE

I thought I wasn't going to be affected. But when I went out from my room to get something from the terrace, I took a look outside and saw these three stray cats which our Lola and her maids took care of. They were waiting patiently for their everyday meal. They were really waiting. Waiting for the swinging door to open. Waiting for someone to give them food. But unfortunately it won't happen anymore. No one will be feeding them. No one will be swinging by that door. No noise will come out from that house except for workers who will tear that house apart soon.Now It's time to say goodbye to that old house. Pam and Powie grew up there. That unique house with interconnected rooms, bathrooms, weird stairways, undiscovered lookouts, minimized bedrooms, and one cool terrace. Everyone who would go to that house would say that it's like a puzzle house because one is connected with the other. Where every known family gathering had been the venue and it's where one of our Lola's sumptuous meals gets to be served. The house which all of us call "KABILA". Because it's always "O, pumunta na ba kayo sa kabila para batiin si...", "Ma, pupunta lang ako sa kabila!", "Nasan si...???...Nasa kabila pa? Tawagin nyo na at kakain na tayo!". We were always like that all the time.
I just thought I wasn't going to be affected. I practically never slept in that house. I actually didn't and never will be able to. But too many memories of our childhood and up to the recent involves that house. It's just sad that things had to end this way.



4 comments:
waaah!
kayong magkapatid, parang grey's anatomy..
pinaiyak nyo ako.. :(
mwah!
mamimiss ko din bulabugin ka from the terrace hehehe :)
but one day we will all live in the mozzie mansion and we can adopt 2000 stray cats and 4000 stray dogs and feed them good food every day..
:D
p.s.
dear coop, mahalin mo naman ako. i have so much love to give you but you keep giving me the cold shoulder.
hehe.
p.p.s.
dear furby, buti ka pa. you are always excited to see me. i appreciate it, even if it feels like harassment sometimes.. hehe
They're actually going to tear down the house? That's just mean, man! Hopefully the ghosts won't go into your house. BTW, where does Lola Charit live now?
pammy - shempre feel ko ako si meredith grey para love team kami ni mcdreamy. basta nakakalungkot!!!
waaah nakakalungkot pa rin...
sabi ni coop papansinin ka na nya
sabi naman ni furby you're the apple of his eye kaya hinaharass ka nya...
daniel - yup soon...
don't talk about ghosts my room is just beside their house. Lola Charit's living in Mandaluyong now. :(
Post a Comment